My AP Psych teacher from high school keeps binders and notebooks with dicks drawn on them to use as visual aids for the Freudian unit.
One time she did this life changing little “experiment” where she ever so calmly asked guys why they draw penises on things. They tried to say “it’s just funny” or “you don’t understand” and she just kept saying “you’re right, I don’t understand. Explain to me. You already know what a penis looks like, why do you have to draw it on things? Are you marking it? Are you tagging it? Girls don’t draw vaginas on things.” And the guys suddenly started questioning their motives for everything they do and one guy was like “ms, stop talking about penises, you’re making us uncomfortable.” And she shouted “HOW DO YOU THINK WE FEEL SEEING DICKS DRAWN ON STUFF ALL THE TIME?”
"The future is gold". J’adore Dior, the new film, starring Charlize Theron.
Confused husky pup
He’s not expressing confusion, he’s tilting his head for better sound localization. While having an ear on each side of the head is good for lateral echolocation, tilting the head so that the ears are offset gives it vertical depth.
this is so fucking beautiful
Friendly reminder that there is a Deaf-run cafe in Melbourne!
It’s called Tradeblock Cafe and it’s located in the Victorian College of the Deaf on the corner of St Kilda Rd and High St :)
5 things I am trying very hard to accept
1. People give you what they’ve got and you have to work with that. You can’t get them to project anything they wouldn’t have otherwise.
2. Sometimes the boring way is the best way.
3. But only when the activity is a boring one, in which case you need to sweat it less. This includes things like eating, sleeping, cleaning - no matter how novel you make doing them they are still inherently boring.
4. Coffee makes everything better, despite and in spite of anything that claims otherwise.
5. I’m (insert adjective here) enough to do what I’m scared of.
For more posts like these, go visit psych2go
Psych2go features various psychological findings and myths. In the future, psych2go attempts to include sources to posts for the for the purpose of generating discussions and commentaries. This will give readers a chance to critically examine psychology.
WRONG tickling is how my superior species reproduces.